Off-Topic > All of all!

Final Fantasy XV

<< < (6/7) > >>

Apex:
It was announced as a different game 10 years ago, it hadn't  been in development for 10 years. Closer to 3.

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Apex on February 20, 2017, 02:38:30 AM ---It was announced as a different game 10 years ago, it hadn't  been in development for 10 years. Closer to 3.

--- End quote ---

While this is true the story still feels rushed and not really thought through. I just expected that 7 years of planning before 3 years of working would make a more coherent story. This feels a bit like FF type 0, especially with the rushed ending. I kinda expected them to learn from Xenogears all those years ago.

I can honestly say that I kinda get what happened near the end, but it's not thanks to the game but rather me filling in the blanks with generic JRPG stereotypes. I don't know if there is some sort of secret dungeon out there with additional info about the final boss or why it is the way it is but it should be more obvious to the player. I still have no idea why the next to last boss is what it is, or why it was there in the first place.

I really love the design of the game, the battle system, the open world where you need to wage bonus exp or better food and all that. The skills that level up and chocobos that are customizable. But I just feel like a game needs a good story as well. And I donno, maybe I was hoping that this would be the FF that would bring that back. But maybe the days of story focus are over.

Prpl_Mage:
So anyone out there gonna get the DLC stories for the game?  I'm considering it but won't happen right on release

Apex:
I'm gonna wait till they're all out, or until I have time/money to get the pass, since that puts it at a discount.

Dr. Ace:
Played through the whole game just after it got released. The gameplay is really fun. The story was a confusing and unfinished mess in my opinion. But goddamn did it not stop the bro-tier fun with the cast. I love all four of them, felt like a good group of friends and lots of fun. Still have to check the DLC, and beat the turtle boss. Oh, and some of the post-game dungeons but I found them really lazily put together.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version