Off-Topic > Charas.EX

Sub-FAQ - How to import new Resources. (updated 12.4)

(1/1)

GPI:
(don't forget to update to 1.3.4.11)

Why must i import new Resources?

Charas.EX can recolor resources, but Charas must know, which color should he recolor. He doesn't know, that this light green and this dark green are connected und should recolor at the same time. So you must say Charas, which color are connected.
You can connected the color to 6 groups (4-Color-Groups, 1 Background-color and 1 "Delete-Group" (or "delete old things"-group)

How can i say that the color should connected to a color-group?

First open the Import window ( file > Import new Resources )
In the File menu you can load/save bitmaps (BMP, PNG) and complete resources.
So import a bitmap that you what to convert to a resource. After loading you should see the bitmap in the left part of the window.
On the right side you can choose the groups.
First of all, we want to select a background (click on "Background" on the right side). Now simple click in the picture in the background. The Background should now blink.
(If you don't want to use the recolor-feature, you can now save the resource over the file-menu.)
Ok this was simple, now we want set the first color-group, so click on the right side on "Group 1". Now click on every color in the bitmap, that should connect to this color. If you hold down the left mousebutton and move the mouse, all colors will be added to this group.
Note: You can't set a color to more than one group. If a color is already in a group, you must release it from this group befor you can set it to a new group.
How to release a color of group? Simple click again on a blink-color and it will released.
You think, the bitmap is to small? Click on the right side on "Zoom" and a zoom-window will appear.
You think, that the the bitmap should show the selected color only with the black/white-dot-matrix (also not blinking), remove the check on the CheckBox "Blink")
Maybe you ask, why i should click on every green (dark, light, middle, etc) to connect them to a group? Click on the bitmap with the right mousebutton. Charas will now connect all colors, which are almost same. You can set range under "Multi-Select range". 0 means: only the selected color, 255 means: all colors!

Is there any order in the groups

Yes and no.
It will work, even, when you take the 4.group for the skin, but try this.
Select a hair and recolor it to grey. Than select a other hair. See it, the new hair is automatically recolored to grey.
So please try to do this

--- Quote ---
Body
Group 1: Skin
Head
Group 1: Skin
Group 2: White part of the eyes (if possible)
Group 3: Colored part of the eyes (if possible)
(if there a two many colors, so comine the complete eyes to one Group 3)
Hait
Group 1: Main-Color of the Hair
Suit
Group 1: Main-Color of the Suit (normal the shirt)

--- End quote ---

All Groups, that are not in the list above, are totaly free.

OK, now i whant to know all! What is "Delete-Group"?

For example you need this group, if the suit is smaller that the body. So some parts must be  deleted. Open the Suit "01" (File > Load Resource; \normal\suit\01.cmr).
You see, that the feets are smaller than the feets in the body. So the red array must deleted, or "set to background". So the red is in the group "Set to background".
You don't know what i mean? Ok, it is hard to explain. So try this. Release red form the "Delete-Group". (click on "Delete-Group", and then click on the red color; no color should now blink). Now set red to the background-group (yes you can set more than one color as background; select the background on the right side, then click on the red color).
Save this resource as "normal/suit/01xx.cmr".
Now you must reload the set in the main-window. So select in the set-menu the charset again. it should now reload. Select a body-resource in the body-section and then select the suit resource 01 and then 01xx.
Do you know now, what i mean? (don't forget to delete 01xx.cmr)

And finaly: What is "Line behind Char (only Item)"

Do you what to give a sword to a Char? Ok, but when the char runs left, the sword should be behind the char (in the right hand!) and when the char runs right, the sword should be over the char. On default, the complete item is over the char, but you can say, that the lines can be behind the char. The first checkbox says, that the first line is behind (go-up-view), the second checkbox is for the second line (right-view), and so on.

Is there any Resource-Name-Rules?

Yes there are rules. Because the list are in alphabetical order, i give it names like, "mann03" (German; man03), "monster-vampire", etc. You see, the names are in German (because I'm from Germany). But don't care about it. When you give me the resource for the next offical update, i will rename the resources, so that they perfekt fit.

How do I import resources from the other sections? (thanks to GaryCXJk)

For the tall section, create a directory called "big", Little is "small" and Fighter-Soldier is "fighter". Then, create in each directory new directories called "body", "hair", "head", "item" and "suit". Then, follow the steps on how to import new resources.

How do I import custom sections? (thanks to GaryCXJk)

First create a directory for your own section, let's say "teddy".

When the directoryname and the set-name is identical, you must not change the .lan files. If you want to translate the directoryname to your language, you must modified the .lan files.

Remember what the name is. Then modify "english.lan" and add in the first section, below:

--- Quote ---
/normal/Mid
/small/Little
/big/Tall
/fighter/Fighter-Soldiers

--- End quote ---

a "/", then the name of the directory ("teddy"), then another "/", then the name of the section. So in my case, it's "/teddy/Teddybear". Now follow the steps on how to import new resources.

OK, i hope, this will answert all you questions, when not: post it here!

GPI

yoyoenix91:
I dont get it,i  have this resource hair a guy made,and i want to use it! :(
EDIT: never mind,I get it now!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version