Off-Topic > Charas World Fan Kingdom board

CHARAS: THE CARD GAME

(1/10) > >>

WarxePB:
For a while now, I've been working on and off on some rules for a Charas card game. I'm satisfied with the basic rules, so I'm going to post them here and hope something comes of it. Feel free to modify the rules as you like, or to add yourself into it.

CHARAS: THE CARD GAME

Plot: Because Alex was bored one day, he decided to follow all of the 'cool' games, and turn the world of Charas into - you guessed it - a card game. The purpose of this? Absolutely nothing!

CHARAS:

Charas (singular Chara) are the cards used in the game. Every Chara can be played on the Forum (the active field) or used to boost another Chara's attributes (see Expendabilities below). All Charas have standard Functions that they can use, special Abilities that can turn the tide of a battle, and Stats to help them fight. A maximum of 5 Charas can be active on either side at once.

Actions:

When played on the Forum, a Chara can choose to act in one of two ways - they can choose from a list of standard Functions, or use a special Ability.

Certain Functions are available to every Chara, but others can only be unlocked once a Chara has obtained a certain Post Count (explained later).

Post - The Chara uses its ATK stat and Element to inflict damage on an enemy Chara. This function increases the Post Count of a Chara by 1. (1 PC and higher)
Delete - At the cost of 1 PC and one Chara's turn, the player may take 1 friendly Chara off of the field. They can either put this Chara back in to their hand (if the hand is less than 5 Charas), or send the Chara to the Junk Bin and replace it with another Chara from the hand. (5 PC and higher)
Thread - This function allows up to 3 Charas to add their HP, ATK and DEF together and become a single unit. (The PC of the thread is equal to the highest PC of the involved Charas) The player may add or remove Charas from the Thread at any time during their turn, but the Chara who started the Thread must remain in it at all times. (10 PC and higher)
Bonk - This Function can be used on an opponent Chara to immobilize it for one turn. The Chara who used this Function can still Post during this turn, but they cannot use their Ability, and they cannot Post against the Chara who they Bonked. (15 PC and higher)
Lock - This function does nothing to a single Chara, but when used on a Thread, it freezes all Charas in that Thread, preventing them from acting. A Chara with 20 PC or higher may Unlock the Thread, so long as they are not in the locked Thread. This Function may only be used once per Chara per battle. (20 PC or higher)
IP Check - When this Function is used on a Chara, it increases that Chara's stay in the Junk Bin by 1 turn when their HP is depleted. If used again on the same Chara once they have returned from the Junk Bin, they are sent to Quarantine, where they cannot be revived until the battle is over. (25 PC and higher)
Thread Delete - When used on a Thread, the Thread is disbanded, and the Chara who started the Thread is sent to the Junk Bin. This may only be used once per game. (30 PC and higher)
Almost Ban - This Function prevents the target Chara from using their Ability or any Function above Bonk. If used three times on the same Chara, this is converted to Ban status. This status can be removed by another Chara of 35 PC or higher. (35 PC or higher)
Ban - This Function indefinitely suspends a Chara, which prevents them from making any actions. They may still be Posted against, and once their HP is depleted, they are sent to Quarantine. A Chara with 40 PC or higher may remove this status from a Chara, as many times as they like, but a Chara can Ban only once per battle. (40 PC or higher)
Promotion - This Function can automatically increase the PC of a given Chara by up to 5. (45 PC or higher)

In addition, Charas also have Abilities. Every Chara has three different types of Abilities, each of which are unique to the Chara.
-Ability: This is the standard Ability used by Charas. Every Ability falls into one of three categories: Trigger (which must be used instead of a Function), Constant (which is active as long as the Chara is on the Forum) and Random (which randomly activates when the conditions are met).
-Sbility: These hidden techniques can only be used in certain conditions. They are often an enhanced form of a Chara's standard Ability, with much more potent effects. Like Standard Abilities, they can be either Trigger, Constant or Random.
-Expendability: This allows a Chara to be used as an item. Expendabilities are either Attachments (which are given to a certain  Chara, and affect that Chara in some way) or One-Offs (which affect the Forum in some way, then are sent to the Junk Bin). A Chara may  have up to two Attachments at one time, and any Charas used as Expendabilities have 1 turn added to their recuperation in the Junk Bin.

Stats:

These are the cards of this card game. Every Chara has four different stats - Post Count (PC), Hit Points (HP), Strength (ATK) and Resistance (DEF).
Post Count determines the Functions that a Chara has, as well as its HP, ATK and DEF. Every Chara has a Base PC that they start at when played, though their PC does not necessarily remain static throughout the game. Every 5 posts above the Base PC adds +10 HP and +5 ATK and DEF to a given Chara, and every 5 Posts below the base does the opposite.
HP is a Chara's life force. Every Chara has current and max HP, which changes based on the PC of a Chara. Once a Chara's current HP is depleted, they are sent to the Junk Bin (discarded), where they must spend 5 turns recuperating before being shuffled back into the deck.
ATK determines how powerful a Chara's Post is - the higher the ATK, the more damage is dealt to opponent Charas. Likewise, DEF reduces the damage taken by opponent Posts - thus, subtracting ATK from DEF determines how much damage a Chara deals or takes from Posting.

Elements:

In addition, every Chara has an Element. There are two Element Trees:
Generate

WarxePB:
EXAMPLES OF CHARAS

Warxe PhoenixBlade
Element: Water
Base PC: 30
HP: 20/20
ATK: 23
DEF: 18

Ability: Revive (Random) - When Warxe's HP is depleted, he will instantly regain 50% of his max HP. The chance of this ability being used decreases with every revival (1/2, 1/3, 1/4, etc).
Sbility: Summon (Trigger) - Warxe can summon the top card of the player's deck. It can be played (where it gets to use an action immediately), used as an Expendability, or placed in the player's hand.
Expendability: Life 3 (Attach) - When a Chara's HP is depleted, they remain in play with 10 HP. The attachment is sent to the Junk Bin after one use.

"HOYYYYYSHAAAAAA!"

Sai'Kar Lum'Eth
Element: Divine
Base PC: 40
HP: 30/30
ATK: 33
DEF: 15

Ability: Heal (Trigger) - Sai'Kar can restore one Chara's HP by up to 20 points. Alternatively, it can be used on a Chara in the Junk Bin to reduce its recuperation time by 1 turn.
Sbility: Revitalize (Trigger) - Sai'Kar restores all friendly Charas' HP by 20 points. Alternatively, it can be used to take a Chara in the Junk Bin and shuffle it into the deck.
Expendability: Sacred Power (One-Off) - Fully restores all friendly Charas' HP to max.

"A good quote by Sai goes here."

To create your own Chara:

Your in-game PC is equal to 1/100 of your current Total Post count on Charas. So, if you have 1050 posts, your PC is 11 (always round up).
Your stats can be distributed as you like, but a general rule is that your max HP, ATK and DEF should all add up to 40 plus your PC. This is just a general rule of thumb, though; feel free to make your Chara as strong or weak as you like.
For Abilities, make something that makes sense with your character. A Constant Ability that allows you to counter Posts is fine, but balance it by doing 1/2 damage back to the attacker (or make it a Trigger Ability and deal the same damage back at the cost of that Chara's action). Likewise with Expendabilities - make it something that makes sense with your character, but keep it balanced.
Sbilties are generally enhanced forms of the standard Ability, but don't hesitate to make it overpowered - they're supposed to be that way.

Prpl_Mage:
This sounds like it could work really.

But will someone like arrange something? Or is this up to us?

Dragonium:
Sounds good, IF it doesn't die like the other one did.

I do however think the main reason the other one failed was due to MrMister's "i think you all suck" attitude. So maybe this could work.

I'll help with anything, me.

WarxePB:
Like I said, I've been working on the rules on and off for about a year, so even if I lose interest for a while, I'll come back to it.

I'm thinking of coding this in RPG Maker, so I have all sorts of options regarding the card layout. Basically, if you want to help, you can post your own stats and abilities so I can get around to making them.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version