Community Projects > Contests

The Charas Mariokart Wii Tournament

(1/1)

coasterkrazy:
Alright, so we all knew this was coming. However, I doubt enough people own/have really played the game yet, so I thought it would be good to set this up now for a later date. This way, people can slowly register and we'll have a bunch once we actually reach the undecided tournament date.

First off, let's get the list stuff down. Here's what it is important to post in this thread:
[*]Charas name and WFC name
[*]Mariokart Wii Friend Code (NOT Wii system code or any other specific game code)
[*]Character and kart (can be tentative) (if you're using a Mii, just use the name of the Mii and we'll be able to assume weight class based on the kart)
[/LIST]

Next, I'll put down my current idea for the tournament itself.

If the tournament does not exceed 12 people, it can be a simple small one where we race 4 courses against each other, which easily decides the winner. If the tournament works this way, we'll vote on courses.

If the tournament exceeds 12 people, we will divide into 2 rooms. If the number of people is odd, one room will be lucky and have one less than the other. Each room will race 4 courses and the combined total points will determine the final positions. The top half of the two rooms will advance to the next round. Therefore, if we exceed 24 people, we'll divide into 4 rooms, if we exceed 48 people, we'll divide into 8 rooms, etc. The top half from each room will advance until there is a final round. In every round except the final, everyone will vote on courses, but in the final round, the courses will be completely random. I will keep an image for the bracket that will continually be updated and posted on this thread.

Competition time for each room will be decided by unanimous agreement from the competitors in that room. Should the competitors be unable to reach an agreement, they may switch rooms from their randomly assigned one until they find a room that suits them. At the point when the competition reaches one room, the competitors will have to reach an agreement for a time within 1 month. Competitors who are unable to find time will be forced to drop out, and the next best competitor (based on points from the previous round) will fill in. (If two competitors from the previous round are tied, they will have a match between them to determine who takes the spot in the round where the competitor dropped out.)

And now finally, here's my information. REMEMBER: EVERYONE MUST FRIEND EACH OTHER OR THIS WILL NOT WORK.
[*]Name: coasterkrazy (Lou on WFC)
[*]Mariokart Wii Friend Code: 2148-8558-3414
[*]Character and kart: Rosalina, Standard Bike L (tentative)
[/LIST]

CURRENT COMPETITORS:
[*]Name: coasterkrazy (Lou on WFC)
[*]Mariokart Wii Friend Code: 2148-8558-3414
[*]Character and kart: Rosalina, Standard Bike L (tentative)
[/LIST]

Post any questions, comments, or suggestions you may have.

And now, let the registration for the games begin!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version