Community Projects > Contests

CHARAS FORUMS BANNER CONTEST: A NEW HOPE

(1/21) > >>

Valiere:
We of the Charas Staff, which now seems to encompass about two-thirds of all active members, have decided that the present assortment of banners at the top of the screen is inadequate for a myriad of reasons, the most pronounced being that there seems to only be about five of them.

I know what you're thinking. But Val, what does that have to do with me? Well, you know that pirated copy of Photoshop you have lying around? Well...what if you were to use that to make a Charas Forums banner? You would be the coolest kid on the bus, having made your mark on Charas history. Bots from all over the internets would flock to this forum just to see your banner, and maybe make a topic about herbal penis enlargement.

RULES!!

* Contest will run from now until January 23rd. That's a whole month, but it wouldn't kill you to get started now.
* You may either post your banner in this topic or PM it to me.
* Size must be 650x150 pixels.
* Format must be jpg, png, or gif.
* The words "Charas Forums" must be displayed prominently.
* The creators of the top 3 banners will receive a nifty badge to be displayed under their avatar. Only judge is moi.
* You may submit as many banners as you want.
* However, I reserve the right to reject any banners that aren't up to snuff.

As far as content goes, I'm pretty open-minded. Some suggestions...Incorporate a memorable quote from a Charas member. Parody a movie or a TV show with a Charas style. Make what looks like a 50's-style advertisement for Charas with a catchy slogan.

I'll accept stuff done in MS Paint, but I would prefer that you made something nicer in Photoshop or any other decent paint program. You may use drawings, photographs, images, whatever looks nice. Don't forget to display "Charas Forums" prominently.

Here is an example banner I made myself. It did not take long:

Good luck, and keep em comin!

SaiKar:

--- Quote from: Valiere on November 20, 2010, 03:44:59 AM ---We of the Charas Staff, which now seems to encompass about two-thirds of all active members
--- End quote ---

Shootin' for 80% by 2012!

ellie-is:

You can give me that winner badge any time you want. No hurry.

fruckert:
****, too bad I don't get my tablet 'till Christmas.
I'll try to whip something up, regardless.

Ben:
ive gotta top my last banner entry (the megaman themed one)
fucksakes...Im going to have to animate things

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version