Off-Topic > RP Board

The Infinite World - RP

(1/5) > >>

WarxePB:
[spoiler]So, I've got an itch that can only be scratched by some play-by-post forum gaming. This particular board hasn't seen activity since October. And I'm still trying to get better at writing. So let's solve three problems at once with a new RP.

This particular one's called "The Infinite World", mostly because it's a generic name that could mean a lot of different things. My idea for the setting is that of a standard high-fantasy world undergoing an industrial revolution - so we've got standard high fantasy stuff like magic, as well as technology, and probably some steampunk and magitek here and there. I don't want to set too much in stone just yet, since I think part of the fun of RPing is building the world and characters, so anything goes for now.

I also don't really have a main plot or story hooks for now. Again, anything goes. If something sounds good, we'll go with it.

Rather than posting an "Inn" topic as usual, we'll just put all out-of-character (OOC) topic in spoiler tags. Or I might just post an Inn topic, we'll see.

So on with the show![/spoiler]

A waifish figure, dressed in ratty clothing and tightly clutching a package to their chest, ducked into a back alley. Pursuing this person was a hulking figure, dressed in a full-body black cloak and wielding a jagged poleaxe with a blood-red handle.

"Come back here!" the man ordered, his voice rough and weary. He was out of shape, but he had no need to run: he pointed his left index finger at the figure, firing a stream of wispy yellow energy at them. The energy wrapped around the figure's ankle like a lasso, tripping them. The package clattered to the ground.

The imposing man strode to the figure, picking them up by the collar of their cape. She was a young woman, barely 16, with unkempt dark-green hair. Her face was dirty and scarred, especially around her left eye, which was milky white and useless; her other eye, a strange bluish-green, was wide and panicked. Based on her attire, she was just another one of the many street rats living in the city of Sodeam.

"Pah! Just more ghetto scum." The imposing man threw the girl to the ground. "If it were my choice, I'd kill the lot of you!"

The imposing man picked up the (no doubt stolen) package that the girl was carrying. He ripped off the brown paper it was wrapped in, revealing a picture of the girl and others framed in black wood.

"P-please, sir..." the girl cried. "It's mine, I swear!"

"And I'm the damn King!" the imposing man said sarcastically. "Who'd you steal it from?"

"It's mine! I took it in-"

"Enough!" The man threw the picture against the alley wall, breaking the frame in two and shattering the glass. He dismissed the magic lasso, instead holding the blade of his heavy poleaxe against the nape of the girl's neck.

"I'm sorry sir, please, I beg you!"

"If I let you live today, you'll no doubt go and steal more in the future. The way I see it, I'm just improving the streets of our fair city by disposing of trash like you." He lifted his poleaxe, and...

Moosetroop11:
"Stop."

The word was a command, not a suggestion.  The man whirled around as if struck, an odd look painted across his face, to find the only woman who had the authority to ruin his day.

"The city is rife with unrest and what do I find you doing again?  I should execute you for incompetance right now."

"Captain Knotte" he said, backing away slightly.  "This girl was... this girl was stealing!  She's no regular street urchin but a theif as well!  The locals couldn't possibly..."

"Look around you" snapped Knotte.  "This area is all slums.  You think she doesn't have friends here?  Every time you go on one of your patented killing sprees you tempt them into riot.  Unintelligent cur."

Captain Knotte was very tall for a woman; in fact she stood a little higher than the violent man, a fact that was exaggerated by her demeanour and allowed her to look down at almost any individual.  She wore the smart uniform of office, the same as the man, but in a deep red that matched her lipstick, one of the few feminine attributes she allowed herself to display.

WarxePB:
"I... hmph. By your leave, Captain." The man, a lieutenant named Arkray, bowed to his superior. He seemed less than pleased at being robbed of the opportunity to 'clean up the streets', as he often put it, but even he knew better than to talk back to the Captain. He walked off, silently fuming.

The girl got to her feet, wiping the tears and grime off of her face with her sleeve. She looked into the face of her savior; he was... no, she was a woman. She was tall, tough, and she had the posture and demeanor of a man, but her thin red lips were a dead giveaway She was a Captain of the city guard, identifiable by the eight-pointed star badge emblazoned over her heart.

Realizing who this was, the girl bowed to Captain Knotte, muttering a quick "Thank you" in appreciation. But she abruptly stopped mid-bow, as something had caught her eye; she fell to her knees and scampered over to the broken picture frame resting against the alley wall. The cobblestone streets, still slick with rain, had smudged the picture within to the degree that the faces were little more than vague blurs. She fished through the broken glass and picked the picture up, but it fell apart in her hands.

Moosetroop11:
The end.

EDIT: Just kidding. I haven't got time to post right now though. I urge someone else, possibly prplmage or someone equally rp friendly, to join.

WarxePB:
"...thank you, ma'am." The girl took one last look at the tough Captain towering above her, before running off into the street. She was so impressive...

But, without that picture... She leaned against the wall and began to sob again. It was a stretch in the first place, but without that picture, she didn't have any leads left. All she had was... her stomach, which growled loudly. She hadn't eaten in at least a day, and even then, her last meal was some moldy bread she'd dug out of a dumpster. What she wouldn't do for a hot meal, heck, even a lukewarm meal would be nice... maybe some fresh bread, or a bowl of vegetable soup. Her stomach rumbled again, making her forget all about her near-death experience.

She needed either food, or money. Either would work. But she was terrible at picking pockets, and that man was still hanging around, ready to chop her head off if she did anything. And she'd long since used up her free meals at the local bakeries and restaurants. She could go digging for some food in the garbage again, but her mouth was watering at the thought of a warm meal... okay, money then. She did have a couple of talents that could earn her a few coins.

"Excuse me!" She ran up to a figure she'd seen glancing at her from the corner of her eye. "Excuse me! Can, I can read your fortune if you want! I'll tell you something good, I just need to see your hand!"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version