Community Projects > Chain Games

Wrath of Gaia - Charas Chain Game (Complete)

(1/4) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
Heya people, in the absence of DB I decided to create this thread since the Chain game we set out to create one year ago is finally complete!
Let's just say that "1 week each chapter" doesn't work when people are creative and have some sort of ambition for their games. And lets not forget that thing called real life that prevented some of us from participating or finishing our parts.

The final result is here though and I feel like we have accomplished something.

So without further wait I present Wrath of Gaia - a Charas Project chain game by DragonBlaze, Momeka, Moosetroop II, Prpl_Mage and Fisherson!

The game follows our two valiant heroes Jack and Kyruto as they travel through chapters to save the world. Each chapter has been created by one person and we all stuffed in some sidequests before the final dungeon.

Here are some screenshots!
[spoiler]

Experience fancy cities

Fight evil monsters

Enjoy unique styles

Play Minigames!

Unleash powerful magic on enemies

And spy on people from behind bushes

Solve dark mysteries

Water temple.

Holidays in the sun

Cruise in the latest airship model
[/spoiler]

And here's the download link: (The link may come to change once DB gets back, it's on my Box at the moment)

https://app.box.com/s/ag6rhj9vda9vekkajbri

The game is stored as a ZIP, send me a PM if you want it as RAR or something. It should also Include all the RTP resources that were used.

I can't post new threads in the Site News section. So this goes in the all of all

Moosetroop11:
Yay! Celebrations! Party! Fireworks!

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

Archem:
Downloading as we speak. I'm impressed that something actually managed to be made around here.

...Aaaaand done.

Dr. Ace:
Well, time to check this out. See what Momeka is been using my music for.

Dr. Ace:
Okay, played it till as far I as I could. Goddamn it guys. I'll exclude the bugs and bad writing as that's what one can expect from a project such but goddamn the jokes are so bad it almost physically hurt me. Ash's cap? Friend zone level increased? Come on guys. And what's up with the naming? Potion, Ether, ****ing Jack. Jezus. That toilet paper fetch quest? That **** was annoying.

The combat is literally press space to win, I rarely use any of the skills because why should I. Momeka did it best by leaving out the worst feature of the entire game: the combat. But then Moose thought "hmmm, there were no enemies in the previous chapter so I'll just double the original number to make up for it".

It's also chapter 3 where I had to give up because of the running part. RPGMaker does not lend itself for this kind of gameplay. It was so annoying that after trying it 20 times to 1) find the right timing to go 2) have the controls actually try to work in favour 3) and not getting screwed by the not in-sync movement of the enemies that I had to give up the game.

EDIT: I really want to try to play further but I'd need a cheat to get past that annoying stuff. Or a version that will take my save file and skip that part. Because I'm totally not patient enough to sit by and hope for the best.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version