Game Creation > RPG Maker

Zoltar: Some Kind of Supernatural Story

<< < (2/19) > >>

Fisherson:

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on October 06, 2014, 08:06:44 AM ---Well, you could probably do that in some way. Either by changing the character's class to a new class that includes the phantasm attacking instead and a battlecharset with the phantasm. However, in that case the spent mana would affect the hero as well and you can't really level the phantasm up since it's just a difference instance of the hero.

I suppose the easiest way to do it is to never have more than 3 characters in battle at a time and leave the 4th slot for a phantasm. Each time hero1 uses a skill command a battle event adds phantasm1 to the party, the phantasm have like 999 speed so that his time can occur pretty much after being added. You might even inflict the phantasm with a stat that doubles speed to increase this further.

When phantasm1 uses the fight or skill command it is also removed from the party preventing it from overstaying it's welcome. Also, you might need to add a battle event that removes the phantasm before the battle ends to prevent it from getting battle exp.

--- End quote ---

Duuuuuuude that sounds like a FF10 summoning system for RPG Maker 2003 and Zolty I've seen this work with battle animations so you can have some very interesting idle poses and attacking poses with multiple frames. *°*A little jealous of you I am. Alas I don't have any projects this could apply to but that's a awesome idea. T.T

That being said I agree on a three member battle system. It's more challenging in the long run and doesn't require allot of custom code in a party change system either.

Zoltar:

--- Quote ---Well, you could probably do that in some way. Either by changing the character's class to a new class that includes the phantasm attacking instead and a battlecharset with the phantasm. However, in that case the spent mana would affect the hero as well and you can't really level the phantasm up since it's just a difference instance of the hero.

I suppose the easiest way to do it is to never have more than 3 characters in battle at a time and leave the 4th slot for a phantasm. Each time hero1 uses a skill command a battle event adds phantasm1 to the party, the phantasm have like 999 speed so that his time can occur pretty much after being added. You might even inflict the phantasm with a stat that doubles speed to increase this further.

When phantasm1 uses the fight or skill command it is also removed from the party preventing it from overstaying it's welcome. Also, you might need to add a battle event that removes the phantasm before the battle ends to prevent it from getting battle exp.
--- End quote ---

Whoa! That sounds...smarter than what I was doing. I suppose I may give it a try though...It'd mean only one Phant at a time could  be controlled. That would make things more limited.

--- Quote ---Duuuuuuude that sounds like a FF10 summoning system for RPG Maker 2003 and Zolty I've seen this work with battle animations so you can have some very interesting idle poses and attacking poses with multiple frames. *°*A little jealous of you I am. Alas I don't have any projects this could apply to but that's a awesome idea. T.T

--- End quote ---

Hm that does sound fun. Shame RPG maker 2003's battle system can't support a six member team...Wait what if I drop the plyaer's skills and have it so my phants ARE their skills? Couldn't that work?

I updated the top page by the way! Included the names of the Specter Nine:
#1 Webster
#2 Kallee
#3 Lizabeth
#4 Kiyumi
#5 Dalv
#6 Xander
#7 Matty
#8 Rip
#9 The Master

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Zoltar on October 08, 2014, 11:29:07 PM ---Wait what if I drop the plyaer's skills and have it so my phants ARE their skills? Couldn't that work?

--- End quote ---

Yes, that would work. But it could also be the case if you make the phantasms be a class of the hero for example.
Zoltar is all non phantasmic, uses a skill. Battle event kicks in and changes his class(and his skills, visuals)

Another option is to just change the battle commands of the hero- you still got Wrath of Gaia right? So you can make it like Schomps Overcharge mode (if you complete his sidequest in chapter 8 ) or like Yara's Valkyria jump. There are ways to do it. But only way to change a characters poses is to change a class to a different battlechar. Otherwise you can change the idle pose to a status problem look. But then the attack and skill use animations would be the same as the normal character.
Anyway, you can do like how Overcharge works in battle in Wrath of Gaia, after a limited skill uses the overcharge is lost and the character returns to his non-overcharged state.

Zoltar:
Umm...I hate to say this but I'm wanting to shut down this project and maybe just write about it or make it a sprite comic. I just can't work on it too much right now. Not with my main source of RPG Maker being on my roommate's computer. Sorry people. :(

Prpl_Mage:
No problamos, no need to apologize. Do whatever fits your creativity the best

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version