Game Creation > Completed Games and Demos

Sore Losers

(1/3) > >>

Sated:
SORE LOSERS

RMN "FEATURED GAME", MARCH 2010!
NOMINATED FOR RRR "FEATURED GAME", MAY 2009!
NOMINATED FOR "MOST PROMISING DEMO", 2008 MISAOS!

...::: What People Are Saying :::...

"It takes a twelve step program, hypnosis, a sex change, and the whole damn Star Wars series to break you away." - Tyrannos

"A solid romp through the desolate streets of a sci-fi dystopia." - Silviera

"Overall, a very solid cyberpunk game that makes excellent use of its setting and atmosphere." - Solitayre

...::: Storyline and Setting :::...

Ferusia, a totalitarian state led by a Government whose people are genuinely happy with their leaders. With a Government focused on promoting scientific research and the proliferation of human knowledge, whilst at the same time eradicating the distractions of religion and bureaucracy, Ferusia has become the most technologically advanced country in the world. It's also a country where crime is perpetually minuscule, partly due to the nation's powerful military-led police force and partly due to the populace being placated by exceptional technological, educational and entertainment advances.

However, despite the vast majority of people being happy with Ferusian life, and despite the power of the Ferusian military, there are still a minority who are unhappy with the current state of affairs. A group of terrorist rebels known as the Free Radicals vie for power in Ferusia. These rebels believe that a democratic state is the only way a country should be run; want more control over who leads the Government; want the Government to be more transparent regarding rumours of genetic experiments performed within the military; and want an end to "Central Ferusia", a high-security slum district where Ferusia's criminals are sent to fend for themselves, irrespective of the severity of their crime.

In the middle of it all are Markus and David, two criminals who have come to accept this punishment and made a living for themselves in "Central Ferusia" working for a mercenary leader named Jade. Under Jade's orders they carry out various jobs for those with the ability to pay and they're about to set out on their latest. One that will drag them into a rebel conflict they don't understand and don't care to be a part of...

...::: Gameplay, Features and Comments :::...

After five years of trying to finish projects using broadly similar concepts to this one, I've finally managed to finish one of them! I'm pretty amazed with myself because I didn't think this would ever happen, but I also know that my past errors largely centred around attempting to make my stories more "epic" than they needed to be, leading to me abandoning promising projects left, right and centre. Because of this, coming up with an "epic" central storyline is an element I tried to downplay in this project, although I'll admit that I'm still happy with how the storyline comes together given my limited writing talent!

What Sore Losers instead focuses on is providing challenging gameplay mechanics within a deeply immersive environment. The game includes formidable enemies that put item preservation at the top of your priority list; a multitude of different minigame sequences such as the widely lauded lockpicking system; a synthesis system that allows you to create and upgrade new weapons using objects found lying around the slums; dozens of optional missions that flesh out the slums you find yourself in; and a deeply immersive, dystopian setting featuring more quotable NPCs than you can shake a stick at!

...::: Reviews, Images and Downloads :::...

Read Reviews Here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1210/reviews/
View The Image Gallery Here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1210/images/
Download The Game Here: http://rpgmaker.net/games/1210/downloads/

Fisherson:
Oh! I remember this little cyber punk dystopian future thing! Twas a pretty well put together game. Nice to see you got so many awards for it. ^_^ I may have to re-download it and play it again. I never did get too far....but then again after i discovered RMN.net I DL'd waaaaay too many games to beat so that may be it. XD

Sated:
If I was being honest, I'd say that it shows it's age. I recently bought the official English RM2K and so I gave it a whirl for nostalgia's sake and I realised that a lot of the dialogue is pretty OTT, but the gameplay is still decent so I wasn't overly disappointed in myself. There are obviously a bunch of things I would do different if I made the game now (who can't say that about their old projects?), but it has decent-ish reviews so I can't complain too much!

Moosetroop11:
Looks kinda cool. I might download it at some point.

Infectionfiles:
I would say it would be awesome to see a remake of  Sore Losers if you were ever inclined too but I imagine you'll be putting more time and effort to Riot Grrrl?

I've played both and loved Sore Losers, a very inspirational rpgmaker game for post-apocalyptic dystopian themes.
Riot Grrrl is a trip and I only have played the demo version but that's a game you sit down with a baggy of weed handy once it's completed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version