Community Projects > Contests

Resource Contest 2015

(1/5) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
Greetings everyone, since the Complete Resources are back online again I decided to throw a Resource Contest. Also, thanks to an interesting idea from a fellow mod the winner will also have his resources become the foundation we build the next Chain Game on. Basically, the 3 resources you make will  decide the theme and/or style of the game. (Although it might take some time for that game to start so I will have time to replicate the style to make a bundle of resources for people to use.)

The actual contest will begin this Sunday 6/12 (or Friday 4/12 if you prefer Fridays) so right now I just want to see how many of you would be interested in participating. From the start of the contest you will get one(1) week to finish your resources.

The rules for the contest is quite simple:

* You post that you want to participate here
* You create the 3 types of resource that is decided when the contest starts later this week
* You do your resources from scratch but can use a template for size and such
* You submit your resources to me in a PM and I'll upload them anonymous in a voting thread
* You cast your vote on the resources you appreciate the most
Three (3) types of resources will be chosen when the contest starts. These include: Charset, Battle charset, Weapons, Facesets, Tilesets, Monsters.

I decided to exclude Music, Sound, Movies, Animations, Pictures, Backgrounds, Panorama, Game over, Title screens and System 1& 2. Mainly because it might be tricky to make without certain software or because it would be hard to judge. If you feel like I should include any of the above then mention so in your post.

Tl;dr: Resource contest, Starts on Sunday or Friday, you have one week to finish. On Sunday you will get the information on what 3 types of resources you should make. The winner's resources will decide the theme, setting and style of the next chain game.

--------------------------------------------------------
Contest started! you have until Friday 11/12, 23.55 to send me your resources in a PM.

Okay so I made a draw and the three resources are these:
1. Charset, 8 different characters. (leave one naked if you make an original style)
2. Battle charset, for one character.
3. Monster, do anything you like here.

Fisherson:
Yessssssss!! Contests are back. Well since I make a ton of resources for myself anyway why not? Only thing I stink at still is tilesets. Especially by scratch. ^^; Ah what the heck sign me up! I'm a nostalgia junkie. X3

Donut:
Never made much by scratch, but why not try? I'm not sure the result will look good as far as I'm concernés, but if not, you can always not take them into account. Nothing much planned this week, so count me in :)

Fisherson:

--- Quote from: Donut on December 02, 2015, 06:59:41 AM ---Never made much by scratch, but why not try? I'm not sure the result will look good as far as I'm concernés, but if not, you can always not take them into account. Nothing much planned this week, so count me in :)

--- End quote ---

Aww dangit! If we get into a background off I'll lose for sure now. XD Still there's other areas I'm good at so I ain't dropping out.

Wait BGs are not elegiable. ^o^ Yay for me!

Momeka:
Sounds like fun, will give it a spin. I'd prefer Friday so I can do it over the weekend.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version