Game Creation > RPG Maker

Charas Grand Adventure 1: The Ed Wars

(1/3) > >>

Fisherson:
No you're not imagining it. I talked for years of making the old RP that I still read at least once or twice a year into a RPG and I've actually done it! Well almost. Got enough for a demo just need to place some chests and make some more variety in the world map monsters but anywho:

The Story:
Once upon a time in the Charas pubb a wannabe spirit slayer, Rahl, walks into the into the pubb witg a proclamation. "There's a really bad villain out there with a nasty laugh terrorizing the land! Who's up for a quest?" At first there's no takers till a spontaneously combusting dwarf and a wanderer from Space decide to follow him as well as the gothy mage Melzorn. They journey Peter's Lair and once there discover an old enemy that threatens to annihilate all of Charas! Can three 'heroes' save the floating island of Charas or will it come crashing down onto the dust? Find out in this epic re-telling

Features:
A compact but diverse world map. A fun take on a Charas RP that has been embellished heavily to fit into a RPG plotline. Custom graphics done by Fish and other Charasians as well as easy-to-pick-up-and-put-down playability.

The Creed System:
Creed is how other Charisians see your party. You earn Creed by smashing boss monsters, doing silly side quests and solving the game's secrets. You lose it when youget game overs mostly but there's a few hidden ways to lose it such as saying the wrong thing to the wrong person or making it to the last boss without finding a single hidden weapon. You also need Creed to allow you access to good items and info. Get too low a score and the game goes from easy to beat to continuous hard mode.

Smart Enemies:
The more you level up the tougher they get in turn. This can range from using harder skills to running away to deny you EXP and Charas Coins or even just transforming into much scarier monsters. Bosses also take from this system. Over leveling can in fact make it harder to beat a boss rather than the typical reaction.

No Weapons in Shops:
Doesn't sound too bad does it? Well get this: there's only five to six weapons per Character and they are all hidden and scattered about. Some are easy to find and some appear in chests hidden in plain sight. Some are prizes for doing specific things they way they happened in the RP but none can be bought.

Grandonia Unlocks
Now thanks to me being bored/trying to fill up a town with useful stuff in the second area of the game several things become useable after facing the first boss and traveling to Grandonia. Some of which are:

Monster Drop Refining
You may have noticed monsters "drop" useless but sellable goods to make up for the poor Coin payments. Well theses aren't so useless! You can take them to Lonewolf in Grandonia who'll make them into unique equips (no weapons) or useful items. However there's a catch. You must have at least one drop per item AND enough coins to buy it. Once you purchase it one drop will be taken to make it. No matter how many your purchase. Pretty nice that eh? Don't go thinking you can break the system though! Not all Refined Goods are as useful as they advertise. <u< You'll have to do a bit of trial and error to find out which ones are useful.

Stat Training
Added recently by talking to certain people you can train up your stats just like in Elder Scrolls but there's a catch. You have to talk to people in the right order AND your Creed must be at the right level. For example Grandy will train if you beat him but he doesn't say who's next. You'll have to ask around. Note: System isn't for all stats just yet. Next demo will feature more training options.

Dren's Music and Tats
Dren lives in Grandonia and apparently will sell you ink and music. Well the latter doesn't work yet. <.< Still a WIP to change the music just in case the heavy metal themes aren't your cup of tea and because it's fun! =D So don't try earning 9,999,999 coins to get those. Tats work great however. Right now you can't see them, working on that but they do work as Perma Equips which are,as the name implies Permanent. You can't un-equip after they are in your Accessory slot. You can go next door to Dren's shop and get them Lasered off but keep in mind this takes away some HP permanently. Kinda like real life huh? XD Hopefully in the future this system will allow you to use a "Canvas" of bigger representation of the characters with a number of limited slots but NOT your accessory  slot. ^^; Probably something like {Face}{Arm A} {Buttocks} with a comical representation of the characters to show what you got. XD Not promising but we'll see.

The Pokemon Element System:
Yeah got bored with Fire, Water and Earth as your default elements so I got creative and stole Pokemon's system! Basically if you know those types you'll know what kind of creatures can be taken down by what. However there's a minor bit of trouble there. Can't change your own element and there's only four characters.

- Playable Cast -
Rahl Spiritslayer:
Weapon: Oversized Katanas
Element: Ghost
Special Ability: Hollofy (puts Rahl into a Trance-like state where he can unleash even more powerful attacks on his foes and regenerate HP but loses as much MP as he gains HP. The form is dismissed when Rahl has no more MP.)
Bio:
A huge katana wielding psychopath who usually chases down ghosts and heartlessly slays them instead of finding a way for them to cross over. He has appointed himself hero of Charas and seeks to gain fame and prove himself a true warrior for the record books by writing the words in the blood of his foes. Sometimes his comrades wonder if Rahl is a bit unhinged more than heroic.

Fruckert McBoomiheim:
Weapon: Hand Axes
Element: Earth
Special Ability: Spontaneously Combust (Kills Fruck to instantly slay all enemies at once, and even bossses! Note after using it and reviving  in battle sometimes he'll blow up again even if you don't use this same ability! Making it a double edged sword. Fixed this sorry XD May implement a lesser version of this latter for each command. )
Bio:
A dwarf who for some reason explodes while in mid sentence or when jumping about too high. Because of this he was banished from his homeland of Dwarvania and had to live alone for a long time until he discovered Charasia a land where your welcome no matter if you have warts, scales or even purple hair! He is oddly polite and well spoken for a dwarf most of the time but seems a bit lonely and thus puts up with the antics of Rahl and Dave.

David Dent:
Weapon: Energy Blades
Element Psychic
Special Ability: Focus (Charges Mind and Attack power to make offensive skills more powerful)
Bio:
Dave came to Charas by way of the stars. Crashed in the middle of a forest and ended up liking the place so much he never fixed his ship taking up near permanent residence on the flying island. He now whiles away his hours looking for evil to fight ad wrongs to right. He decides to join up because he doesn't trust the mage Rahl found and worries he may be up to no good.

Edward "Chicken Man" LeFowl:
Weapon: Scythes
Element: Flying
Special Ability: Edolons (Summons pieces of Ed's soul to attack his enemies and aid him in battle...After he proves to them he is in fact who he says he is.)
Bio:
Ed rescues the gang in Peter's lair and joins the quest because he wishes to help save Charas from the coming shadows and fire and what have you....or so he says. He is aided by his talking scythe Mortique and his amazing command over Air Magic.

Terrible Title Screen that will be replaced latter when I get some proper editing programs:

Charas IS a flying island in this game. No need to worry though as walking under it will magically teleport you up.[/URL

Featuring beautiful Pictologia Final Fantasy background I've horribly managled to make them fit into RPG maker 2003!
[URL=http://s44.photobucket.com/user/david-n-dent/media/Gestsuga%20Awesomeness_zpsqqacoccp.png.html]

Another example of the Pictologia Final Fantasy backgrounds and monsters working well together while showing off the unique "Diamond Battle Formation" the party uses.

Confronting the evil villain ...Peter.

Download: Download: IS HERE!! =---->   https://feindicn.sharefile.com/d-s8dcc24a62704d22a

Donut:
Looks like fun! I'm really excited about that smart ennemy system, it sounds really interesting.
À bit of à spoiler in Ed's biography, you should probably remove the correponding sentence ;)
Looking forward to trying it!

Fisherson:

--- Quote from: Donut on December 02, 2015, 06:52:35 AM ---Looks like fun! I'm really excited about that smart ennemy system, it sounds really interesting.
À bit of à spoiler in Ed's biography, you should probably remove the correponding sentence ;)
Looking forward to trying it!

--- End quote ---

XD Why thanks for the high praise! Well with Ed believe it or not? That's as spoilerless as I could get. ^^; If I cut that detail out I'd have one paragraph or a half of one at the least. ^^; He's fairly important to this particular venture and thus the hardest to write about. Then again Ed was always hard to quantify in RL XD So why not as a character? Anywho should have it ready by next week if I can solve some issues and get these darn chests to obey me.

lonewolf:
Fisherson pm box me when the Download is done as i love to play this game

Zoltar:
The Grande Adventure?! Wait does that mean I'm in this as playable character?? If I am I may have to bear you children.  :O Especially if Proud Mary is even a cameo. Either way PM me too or give me a shout on my DA!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version