Off-Topic > Creative arts

Universe Unchained (MSPA-Style double chain adventure experiment)

(1/1)

Relux the Relux:
Hi fellow Charians(?), I come here to present a little project I've been working on conjuring it out of the void for the past few weeks and even it still in its beginnings I would like to share it with you.

You are probably familiar with the concept of a chain story (for those who don't, a chain story is a story which each part of the story is written by a different author).

I think it is clear how crazy, unexpected and out of control might get with each author trying to direct and impose their vision on the work with the limited influence they have. Thus, I thought about combining with the MSPA-style just to see how crazy things can get.

MSPA-Style has 2, let's say, "authors" for each panel: the narrator and the command-giver, allowing for an extra layer of pure mayhem and colours.

So the basic idea is that each character has a narrator that is responsible for the story in their character panels. Each narrator takes control of the story whenever a command switches the perspective of the story to their character; for example: "> Character A: be Character B", or while the perspective lies with character A, " > Character C: Do Something". If the character has not a Narrator yet, then someone gets to claim it. The command-giver would be always the narrator that had control over the narrative before the switch. I recommend checking our Subreddit's wiki if you wanna know more about the current rules.

One must note that this is NOT an RP, as while the perspective lies with their characters the narrator has complete control of everything else, INCLUDING EVERYONE ELSE'S CHARACTERS and the world itself.

Well then, I guess I wouldn't be a good host if I didn't give the first command:

> Narrative: Start

P.s: This is not to be Sburb story #49702 with saucy maid outfit, instead I would like to see the carefully tamed chaos that the community can come up with. (NOT Homestuck/Sburb-related)
P.s2: Here is the original Reddit Thread for reference.
P.s3: People in it until now:

* Relux
* Totally_Cecil
* PhantoCrystal
* Gorinich_Serpant

* MightyButtonMasher
* Conway202
* herimperioushomosexual

* Lucky Red SevenP.s4: List of author for each section until now:

* Pages 1-41:
* Narrator: Relux the Relux

* Command Giver Totally_Cecil
* Pages 42-55:
* Narrator: MightyButtonMasher
* Command Giver: Relux the Relux
* Pages 56-?:
* Narrator: Lucky Red Seven
* Command Giver: MightyButtonMasher

Prpl_Mage:
I'll have to reread this when I am more awake I think. I get the idea but I lost myself along the way.

Relux the Relux:

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on August 01, 2016, 07:18:51 AM ---I'll have to reread this when I am more awake I think. I get the idea but I lost myself along the way.

--- End quote ---

If you are confused how it works, maybe checking the swap rules section of our wiki could help. (https://www.reddit.com/r/Universe_Unchained/wiki/swaprules)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version