Off-Topic > Creative arts

My Band Brothers At Arms

(1/2) > >>

Ace of Spades:
Greetings fellow Charasians! I check in on this place from time to time, but ever since I wasn't involved with game-making anymore I don't usually post anything. It seems some of the faces of old are still around here, but it looks like there are a lot of new folks around here who I never got to know. So to my old pals, hello again, and to those I don't know, I used to be a regular around these parts... many eons ago... during the old Charas Republic. I fought alongside SaiKar and Darkfox in the Troll Wars against the sinister Lord Raffl- erhm, ...I digress.

I have been in a band for about 3 years now. Our name is Brothers At Arms. The genre we choose for the web page and all that is 'Metal' but we don't fit that bill exactly. Ours is more of a progressive/heavy rock instrumentals with metal vocals kind of genre. Sort of like Iron Maiden meets Lamb of God with a hint of Pantera, Dream Theater and Tool. I play the drums in this band and it's easily become a second job (or unpaid internship :P).

We just finished up our first EP. At the moment we have one of the songs from that CD on our Reverbnation page. I remember there being some heavy rock/metal fans here in the past, but ultimately I wanted to post this here because it's the first project I have committed to that actually reached the point of completion. Those of you who remember me will recall that I, as many others here, spent years working on a video game that was just never finished (I never stopped working on the story, actually, but I'll make that thread later.. probably another 3 years).
So if you have a few minutes, go ahead and have a listen. I really appreciate it! Hope everyone is doing well!
Here's the link to our reverb page:
https://www.reverbnation.com/brothersatarmsmusic
 :Plight:

Grandy:
Hey there fellow old user who never posts but suddenly felt like posting just like me. I'm onto your scheme of self-promotion and really like the cut of your gib in just admitting so.

I'll give ya a view ya bastard.

Archem:
Checked it out. Sorry to say, but it wasn't terribly interesting to me. Keep at it, though. It's cool to see you doing something you love.

Maybe one day I'll do something with all the clips I've been recording over the years, and I'll be the one promoting my shitty band on Charas.

Ace of Spades:

--- Quote from: Grandy on August 09, 2016, 04:11:25 PM ---Hey there fellow old user who never posts but suddenly felt like posting just like me. I'm onto your scheme of self-promotion and really like the cut of your gib in just admitting so.

I'll give ya a view ya bastard.

--- End quote ---
Shhh... you weren't supposed to notice that. XP Thanks for checkin it out! Funny that you popped in at the same time. Crazy Charas hive mind synchronicity or something.

--- Quote from: Archem on August 09, 2016, 10:14:35 PM ---Checked it out. Sorry to say, but it wasn't terribly interesting to me. Keep at it, though. It's cool to see you doing something you love.

Maybe one day I'll do something with all the clips I've been recording over the years, and I'll be the one promoting my shitty band on Charas.

--- End quote ---
Well damn! Thanks for listening though. We have more songs coming out, so if you're willing to listen again in the future, maybe there's another one that you'll be more interested in.
It's good to get any feedback, so thanks guys. Good to see you're alive, too! :D

Grandy:
I liked it to a degree, which is a positive thing because I usually hate the genre, so...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version