Community Projects > Contests

Mapmaking Halloween Contest

(1/3) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
So it is contest time again fellow charasians!

The deadline for this contest is October 31 and it is a mapmaking contest with a spooky, dark, gothic, halloween theme. Anything that looks remotely fitting passes really.

So what do you do?

You create a map between 20x15 to 30x23 in tilesize in any desired maker. The theme is dark as mentioned above but I will not dictate "make a dungeon" or "make a city", that's up to you. I will not force you to use a certain chip/tileset either but I will give some limitations here.

Rules:
You may use 1 chipset, 1 charset (besides the hero sprite if you want one) and 1 picture in total.
You will submit the map as a screenshot of the map in the editor and as a screenshot ingame
You must submit it on time
You must spend some sort of effort on it
You may edit chipsets, charsets and pictures to your liking

So no layer upon layer of pictures or 2 charsets of water animations or whatever.

No need to sign up, just spend as much time and effort as you like. PM your entry and I'll post all submissions on November 1st.

Momeka:
Cool, I'll try to get something done. Can the screenshot be an animated gif or is it just png?

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Momeka on October 20, 2016, 07:53:56 PM ---Cool, I'll try to get something done. Can the screenshot be an animated gif or is it just png?

--- End quote ---

GIFs would be cool, but I don't expect everyone knowing how to do that. But post both, one still and one animated.

Fisherson:

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on October 20, 2016, 10:47:48 PM ---GIFs would be cool, but I don't expect everyone knowing how to do that. But post both, one still and one animated.

--- End quote ---

Also some us can never find good GIF making programs....

But other than that it sounds fun! I might try my hand at it. Do the chipsets have to be custom made by us or can we use just any old one?

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Fisherson on October 21, 2016, 03:43:47 AM ---But other than that it sounds fun! I might try my hand at it. Do the chipsets have to be custom made by us or can we use just any old one?

--- End quote ---

You may use any you like.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version