Off-Topic > All of all!

Final Fantasy XV

<< < (2/7) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
I'm actually playing FF Type 0 at the moment on the PS4. I figured I should play it before XV since they are both part of the crystal fabulous thingy. It's quite different to be blunt but still feels like an FF game.
Did anyone else bother with type 0?

Also, have there been any news on the DLC for XV yet? They made it sound like they had a whole batch during a presentation some time back.

Donut:
I played the PSP version and was pretty disappointed. I still think that if this game wasn't called Final Fantasy, not much people would have wanted it outside of Japan.
The gameplay is very limited, the NG+ included in the first NG (Hello lvl99 Behemoths when you're level 10), the world was underused, and the narration very bad, which is expected from a mission-based game. THe PSP version had no EXP Share which basically left most of the cast useless, cause there are not enough missions to keep everyone on a good level for the main scenario. Without mentionning the ending. I've had a lot of problems with recent FF endings recently. LR for example was just a joke on every level, and the ending was one of the worst I've seen in any games I played.

As for FFXV, never been hyped for it, still not. I've read a few reviews and from what they say it's not a very good game, the story is really lame and needs Kingslaive and Brotherhood to be watched, the openworld is empty etc.... In general what I've read doesn't make me want it, and it's the first main FF I don't want xD But if people enjoy it, really good for them, we've been waiting for this game for so long after all.
Also I remember the time when it needed 60h to finish an exceptional main quest in the PS1/PS2 games. Since FFXIII we got back to the old style where you need 20h to 100% the games (I had 100% on XIII-2 in 19h and LR in 21h...) with a really bad story. I don't understand that. SE is big enough and has enough talents to make an excellent plot and long game worth 80€.

Apex:
1. I never watched any of the supplementary material for FFXV, and had no problem following or enjoying the story.

2. People saying this game is bad wanted to hate it before they even tried it. The internet is a hate-filled cesspool in this day and age, that will rally to hate anything expected to be popular before it's even released. The negative opinions of this game existed before the game did. See Gamefaqs.

3.  The game has been teased and *developed* for 10 years, and the amount of hype has been staggering. Needless to say it had really high expectations to live up to. For me, I never let my expectations get out of control. I never expected it to be the super-most-perfect-awesome game on earth ever, and because of that, I'm not disappointed in the least, it was a great game.

4. What makes a story good is subjective, only you can decide if you like it or not. It's not a very long story admittedly, but it kept me entertained and curious to see what would happen next.

5. I... Didn't like Final Fantasy Type - 0. I felt like they introduced a new way to 1 hit KO my characters every two seconds. It was a frustrating game.

Hey Purp, what's your PSN name? Mines superevil6

Moosetroop11:
I disagree with the world being underused. Some of the sidequests were pretty samey but it's a cool realistic world designed to be driven through. Hopefully they'll learn from comments about the story being disjointed and next FF will be even better. I really felt the touch of classic FF with 15, but with plenty of innovation. Sort of FF12 feel done right, with elements of 8 and Lightning Returns.

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Moosetroop11 on December 21, 2016, 02:53:29 PM --- Sort of FF12 feel done right, with elements of 8 and Lightning Returns.

--- End quote ---

This could only be a good thing I think?

I own the game now, it was waiting for me in the mailbox when I got home. Haven't played it yet though.

Also, speaking of FFXII, wasn't they going to give it a 5$remake?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version