Off-Topic > Creative arts

The Charas Writing Competition!!!

(1/11) > >>

Moosetroop11:
Hello charas fiction writers! I know you exist.

I was writing my book and thinking about the fact that posting it here is probably pointless, as reading a whole story is a big commitment and most people just don't have the time.

But here's a golden opportunity to force people to read your work!

Quite simply, post a short story or the first chapter of a book you want to write or have already written. If it's a short story, please make sure it's actually short >_>

Once the entries are in, everyone who has submitted a piece of writing must read everyone else's work, and vote for their favourite other than their own.

The prize for the winner is me reading your work out audiobook style!

Given that people drift in and out of charas and some will have to write things from scratch, please post here now if you're interested and I'll come up with a deadline, or scrap the idea if there's no takers ^_^

Prpl_Mage:
I'm interested, but is there a limit on the length?

Zoltar:
Aww I'd like to but limiting my stories to 'short' is not mondo easy. I love huge never ending stories that actually deliver, unlike certain misleading movies.  :dry:

Moosetroop11:

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on September 16, 2017, 02:06:23 PM ---is there a limit on the length?

--- End quote ---
I was hoping that people would just be sensible about it, but maybe we do need an official limit?

Zoltar, you can post the first chapter of a long book if you like. Who knows, maybe that'll pique people's interest for the whole thing.

Fisherson:
I used to be terrible at writing short stories but I think I could manage this quite well. I'll even do Charas as my theme if I can. X3

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version