Off-Topic > All of all!

Game suggestions

(1/3) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
Black friday is coming up and I am simply assuming that Steam will have some sort of sale like all other online stores. Do you have any suggestions on games that might be worth getting? I recently got Destiny 2 but I'm kinda sick of it already so me and my buddies will probably need a new multiplayer game soon enough.

Momeka:

* Wolfenstein 2 is fun, probably won't be on deal since it was just released though.
* The new Doom is fun, easily the best fps I played in recent year.
* Hard Reset is a decent fps. The biggest drawback being the level design, you're basically just moving between arenas where you get locked in and have to fight hordes of enemies. Get kinda repetitive after awhile. The weapons are fun though, got a nice cyberpunk setting and the cutscenes are told in animated comic sequences between levels.
* Nier: Automata. If you can get past the horrendous anime character design, fan service, and villains it's a really entertaining game
* Doom 2. But don't play it, instead download Doom Builder. You just got hundreds hours of fun by building levels, pretty decent for level design practice too
* Asesprite, not a game but a pixel art program. Easily the best one I've used and it's still being supported and updated.
* Helen's mysterious castle. Figure I get one rpgmaker game in here. One of the most entertaining ones I played, really liked the battle system. It does suffer a bit from using a lot of rtp.
None of these are really multiplayer games though. Divinity 2 is probably really fun in multiplayer, been wanting to play it but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Archem:
I'm going to second the recommendations for Doom, Wolfenstein, and Divinity 2. Well, I don't actually own Divinity 2, but I've seen and heard enough about it to know that it's a great followup to the previous game, which was the best RPG in that style that I've played in years. It has 4-player drop-in/drop-out co-op, so you and the boys can get a party going. I would also suggest Unepic, as it's already a pretty affordable game ($13 right now). It's basically one part action RPG, one part Metroidvania. It has co-op, but it's made up of separate missions and isn't the one continuous quest that the single player is. It's pretty great, actually. And if you haven't played it already, Rainbow Six: Siege is a wonderful multiplayer shooter that basically takes the Counter-Strike formula and actually updates it so that you're not just playing the same 16-year-old game. I like it a lot, but I find it harder to play without friends (I don't have any friends). Speaking of friends, I've been climbing the ranked ladder with a couple of random dudes who I loosely associate with and maybe went to high school alongside them. If you somehow haven't played Rocket League yet (though I'm sure you have), you might want to do yourself a favor already.

Steamworld: Dig 2? Or Dig 1? Or Steamworld: Heist? The Steamworld series is excellent.

Apex:
Nintendo games never go on sale, but I'm having a lot of fun with Mario Odyssey and Breath of the Wild. I grabbed Splatoon 2, it's a lot like the first.

Oh oh, if you have a 3DS or Switch, grab Might Gunvolt Burst, it's really good and only $10. It's essentially a Megaman game, where instead of getting weapons from bosses, you pick up hidden gun modifiers that alter the way your gun works. For example you could make a gun that spreadshots 5 bullets that explode into smaller bullets with rapid fire, or a shield that pierces terrain and enemies with x3 damage, and just walk into everything to kill it. With the DLC there are 5 characters that all play a little differently too. It's short but I've already played through 3 times just because it's so much fun.

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Archem on November 18, 2017, 04:36:56 PM ---
Steamworld: Dig 2? Or Dig 1? Or Steamworld: Heist? The Steamworld series is excellent.

--- End quote ---

Speaking of which, they are on sale at the moment

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version