Off-Topic > All of all!

Chain Project VS Chain Game

<< < (2/2)

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Momeka on January 26, 2018, 11:30:12 PM ---Oh I like it. The only thing is we probably wouldn't be able to do the default combat system since levels would mess up the difficulty if you can do stuff out of order. But it might also be fun to do a chain game that isn't a jrpg.

--- End quote ---

Yeah I have some different ideas on things, but haven't gotten around to see if they are more than ideas so far.
I can probably make them work, but they also need to be easy enough to work with for other people to use them.

Zoltar:
So if this is the game plan for Juno's Iliad does that mean that people like me, who really, really still mondo bad regret not getting to do a chapter in the first game, won't contribute? Because that would be lame.

Though on the flipside I could see why you would do it this way for a sequel. You've probably written out some huge open world story that builds on the choices in A'Chia and has multiple plot elements that have to be seen through from beginning to end...Hard to do in a Chain Game right? Wipeout.

But, and hear me out here, Jedi Brother, could you not let everyone make a chapter then put those elements of this huge plot together around them?

Like if I had to do a space game I would totally male the map open after a refresher tutorial then give each person a planet, or three, to make a hub galaxy thing! You could then go in and put in your finishing canon story and habe it so the player stumbles into it and like completes it at their own leisure. This also would gnarly support a big cast too~  8) Just a thought from your buddy Zoltar.

Wait...Aww rats. Now I want to make my own game like that. Imma crack out my computer when I wake up and have less smexy company around.

Fisherson:
Zoltar....You might have something there. A hub Galaxy would be an interesting experiment and I could in fact give people their own planets or sectors of the map in general since our star map will still use hyperspacial bypasses rather than a jump based system. It does also as you say support a bigger cast especially if you have Darone types who can be recruited, killed or just ignored entirely.  Breaking the linear cycle of how  chain games progress would also go with the theme of Iliad which is going to have a more complex choice matrix.  I also would like to have random interactions pop up like in divinity now that I've seen that system. It is better for immersion and it can really flesh out the characters.  Though I'm not ready to declare this chain open yet either way. I want to try and get all the old team back and invite new people in too. Maybe push it past 8 chapters for the main game and have detailed side quests that don't just close storylines but actually add to the story and serve the player more.

Edit: Frack you make me want to do this so bad but people need to rest and play the recent chain game....XD I love and hate you right now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version