Community Projects > Contests

Contest time?

(1/5) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
So I realized that our last contest was 1 year ago, which is crazy. Time sure flies.

But I want to get a tradition of contests going here. Halloween times have worked out pretty well in the past while Christmas/Yuletide is more of a family thing. Then we have time for college examns and papers and stuff, don't want to make it collide with that mess. People also seem to have a lot of things going on during summers.

So I'm gonna present my suggestion here:
Spring contest - Around March-April
Autuum Contest  Around September-October

It seems doable right? And people might remember it if it happens regularly.

Anyway, who are up for an contest now in September-October?
And what type of contest would you like it to be?
My suggestions are:
Spriting again, because that's relevant.
Mapmaking, so I'm forcing you to use any type of maker.
Writing, we can all write, and that was the last thing we did.

What I want to avoid:
Making an entire game
Some really complicated stuff

It's been decided that at the start of November a contest to create a mini game or any other type of short game will commence. The game itself should only consist of one map of 20x15 tiles.
I might stretch for 2 maps if you decide to do a custom fancy title screen.
Contest duration: 2 weeks?
Judging: Voting?
Theme: None

Momeka:
Oh yeah! I'm down to making something.

Spriting sounds fun, it's been a long time since I just sprited something without the purpose of being used for a game or site.

We could do like micro stories. Set a character limit of say 256 or something and you have to tell a small story with it.

Another thing I thought about a while ago, it's gamedev but it's really small. So you have to make a game just using one map with the smallest size in rm2k3. And no hacking it with pictures and stuff, it has to be tiles and you have to use the default character movements. You need to be able to lose/win the game.

Or we could take some old score based game and see who can get the highest score.

Make a three panel comic.

Prpl_Mage:
Good ideas, keep 'em coming

Moosetroop11:
I like the idea of the mini map game, though I have no idea what I'd do : ) But sure I'll take part in whatever we decide.

Donut:
Sounds like fun!
I'd be in :D

Maybe not so thrilled by the spriting contest, but that's because I'm rather bad at it. It could force me though!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version