Off-Topic > Creative arts

Pitches & Ideas

<< < (2/2)

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: drenrin2120 on September 25, 2018, 10:16:01 PM ---I messed around a bit with a Text Adventure maker, as a poor attempt to learn a bit of Java. I found some interesting games that were built using the engine and scratched up some notes for a theoretical game about hiking. Essentially, you'd be a hiker/adventurer in a fantasy based world. It wouldn't have be fantasy, but that theme seemed to work. You'd be given a map with hiking routes and destinations. At some stops you could restock on rations and supplies. At others you could scavenge for supplies, search for treasure, take various risks for various potential rewards. The whole game would rely heavily on RNG and the main mechanic of the game would be the journey between locations. Each Day would pass with random events affecting stats such as health, hunger, stamina, etc. Each pass would have different events and obstacles that you'd have to plan for. You would need a certain amount of rations for each day of the trip and you would need different supplies for different paths.

You could use cities and taverns as a way to tease out rumors of dangers and hidden treasures and what not. The whole point of the game would be something simple: How many days can you survive on the road? How much money/treasure did you collect?

--- End quote ---

Reminds me of Death Road Canada, and other games it was inspired by

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version