Community Projects > Contests

Microgame Contest

(1/9) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
Starting November 2 a 3-week contest is on.
This contest is about creating a microgame using only a single map, if a game seems hard to do; a mini game or heck - just a map with a puzzle to solve, will be just dandy.

Rules: Make a game that can be won by playing.
Limitations: The game itself should only consist of one map of 20x15 tiles. (Exception to 2 maps, if one of them is a custom title screen)
Contest duration: 3 weeks (November 2-23)
Judging: Voting? I might convince a guy to play all games and give it a score if we want something different. (But he might be biased)
Theme: None

I would really appreciate if I could get a PM by next friday from the people who are participating, or just a reply in this thread, if I'm gonna convince that guy to play and such then I need to know how many games we're talking.

Current number of participants: 5

http://www.charas-project.net/forum/index.php?topic=29547.0

Momeka:
Well, I'm in. I got an idea for a game, might be to complicated to finish within the time but going to give it a try.

As for judging, I'm down for what ever. I'm also down for not making a contest and just an even with us making games together.

Donut:
I'm in too.
Started thinking more deeply on the concept, now I will try to develop a mini scenario and will code all of it.
Might do more after the contest, I'm not entirely sure all my graphics will be finished properly...

zuhane:
This sounds cool! Got rm2k3 on Steam a while back for cheap, so I might delve back into it :D

Momeka:
Oh awesome! Do it, Zuhane!

I've gotten started. Still very doubtful if I'll make it in time, decided to do a dungeon crawling deck-building game. Probably not the best idea with the deadline but been wanting to try and make one for awhile. So lets go!

So far you can cruise around the apocalypse in a yellow van.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version