Off-Topic > All of all!

Hey kids! Fish needs your help!

(1/2) > >>

Fisherson:
Normally I'd probably do a whole skit but as it is I literally need your help, PC Tech experts of Charas. I am about to embark upon a different sort of quest than I normally do as there will be no random battles involving sci-fi plagiarism based monsters not an evil Al Gore final wielding an energy efficient lightsaber.

...Well not without help from you! It's time I get my new laptop. I've decided to finance it on credit as I learned the other day mine is neither green or not red but...grey. O-O; My frugal ways have lead me into a pit of neutralness! **Insert Zapp Branigan Memes here** So applying for a credit card is impossible without using cefitto buy this new laptop. Though this will be no ordinary laptop or just another replacement with the same bells and whistles. I need specific features I can discuss with the salespro and still walk out with what I want/need...but I'm not a tech expert. That's where you come in! ^_-

Basically what I want:
NO MACS. I HATE THEM.A laptop that is powerful enough to play console imports without needing to be an Alienware and MUST be able to be backward compatible with Skyrim and Divinity as those two are all I played on the end. I would like to keep RPG maker 2003 even though I'm not primarily an MV developer since I still want to take part in Chain Games. I don't need a lot of onboard memory since I had s terrabyte Drive and still lost vital data I could have preserved with a portable drive. -_-; Stupid virus overfilled the OS drive but left half a terabyte in the internal free but worthless. I would like a model that works with a universal gaming controller since I plan specifically to buy the Spyro Trilogy and replay it via PC as I will never be able to get wi-fi in this dead zone I live in...So I can never return to being a console gamer sadly.

Other than those features I'd prefer to spend less than 1,000 if possible.

Prpl_Mage:
Sounds like you want a windows 10.

Seriously, laptops are not my forte. I've never bought a gaming laptop and don't know what they can or can't handle or what is considered "good" in the laptop world.

Fisherson:

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on December 26, 2018, 10:12:12 AM ---Sounds like you want a windows 10.

Seriously, laptops are not my forte. I've never bought a gaming laptop and don't know what they can or can't handle or what is considered "good" in the laptop world.

--- End quote ---

Well thanks for at trying. ^_^;

Archem:
Well, if you're looking for something right up to the $1k mark, here's a laptop with good ratings that's currently on sale at a pretty huge discount. It's rocking a GTX 1060 with 6 gigs of VRAM, 8 GB RAM, a pretty solid mobile processor, but only 256 GB of internal (SSD) storage. If you don't mind keeping all your files on an external, it's a pretty killer deal. If you want to maybe keep the price tag lower, but still want something that's gonna keep you in the game, try this MSI laptop (also on sale). It's got a more modest GTX 1050Ti with only 4GB VRAM (the lowest I'd be willing to go, tbh), a comparable RAM and slightly better CPU, 16GB of Optane memory (!), and 1TB of storage onboard. It also currently has two bonuses in the form of a backpack meant to safely carry the laptop, and a copy of Black Ops 4. Not a bad deal at all. It even advertises a 7.5 hour battery life while gaming, but I never really trust those kind of numbers.

Actually, the MSI looks like it might be the better deal right now, if you don't mind the weaker GPU. Both offer free shipping, and in some states (such as here in Texas), Newegg is tax-free.

WHOA, HEY, UPDATE. I JUST SPENT A LITTLE MORE TIME LOOKING AND I FOUND A NICE COMPROMISE WITH THIS NEAT ASUS.
So, like, buy that.

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Archem on December 28, 2018, 10:21:26 AM ---
WHOA, HEY, UPDATE. I JUST SPENT A LITTLE MORE TIME LOOKING AND I FOUND A NICE COMPROMISE WITH THIS NEAT ASUS.
So, like, buy that.

--- End quote ---

That looks like a pretty perfect match, it even shows a game on the display!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version