Off-Topic > All of all!

Steam Hoarding

(1/2) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
So, I assume we've all done this. Bought games on Steam because they look interesting and they are on sale or something like that.

Now, seeing as my playtime has decreased with the arrival of my son I realized that I have a lot of games that I haven't even installed or tried yet. So that made me promise not to buy any new (singleplayer) games until I finish all of these. (That and my recent interest in Warhammer 40k which is a quite expensive hobby)

So here comes a list of all the games I have untouched on steam.

* Alien isolation
* Battleblock theatre
* Bioshock 2
* Castle Crashers
* Cortex command
* Command and conquer 3
* Crush your enemies
* Darksiders 1 & 2
* Deep dungeons of doom
* Dungeon siege 2-3
* Flockers
* Forced Showdown
* Helldivers
* Hammerwatch
* Hyperdimension neptunia U
* Kingdom of amalur
* Lego the movie the game
* Marlow briggs
* Moon hunters
* Ori and the blind forest
* Orwell
* Overruled
* Primordia
* Puppet fever
* Rise of the tomb raider
* Sanctum 2
* Samurai Gunn
* Steamworld heist
* Star Wars Kotor 2
* Unepic
* The witcher 3
* X blade
Do you have any recommendations where to start?
Do you have a list of your own?
Do you also need hoarder rehab?

ps
 I have some tickets for Battleblock Theatre, King Arthur's Gold and Minion Masters if anyone is interested.

Archem:
Ok, so  I can tell you right now that Steamworld Heist, Darksiders 1, and Unepic are absolutely worth your time. Steamworld Heist is Worms meets XCOM, and it's great. Darksiders is one of the best Zelda-likes I've ever played. Still haven't tried 2 or 3, though I hear they're not as good. Unepic is a wonderful Metroidvania with a goofy sense of humor and a strong D&D influence. It can get a bit rough at times, but it's awesome. Also, there are co-op levels that are pretty fun, too.

Bioshock 2 is pretty good, though I feel that the Minerva's Den expansion is better. Castle Crashers is an excellent brawler in the vein of Turtles in Time or Double Dragon, but with a level and progression system to keep it interesting. Really awesome if you have friends to play it with. My brother put about a million hours into Kingdoms of Amalur, and he says it's great. If you don't have a lot of time to spend on this bottomless pit of game content, you might want to skip it. It has an absurd amount of content, and two expansions that pretty much double that.

Haven't played Alien Isolation, Ori and the Blind Forest, Rise of the Tomb Raider, KOTOR 2, or The Witcher 3, but I hear they're all worth your time. Samurai Gunn, to my knowledge, is a couch multiplayer-only game, so play it with friends.

For the record...

Momeka:

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on January 11, 2019, 07:25:58 PM ---
* Puppet fever
--- End quote ---

Hey, I made that one!

Apex:
Kingdom of Amalur is pretty great. It's a slightly more dumbed-down Elder Scrolls game, and not in a bad way at all. I put about 38 hours into, and cleared the main campaign and DLC content. Although there was a lot more content that I didn't do.

Witcher 3 on the other hand was about 100 hours for just the main campaign and moderate sidequesting.

I have a pretty nasty backlog as well. I tend to get bundles so long as they contain at least one game I want, and it's cheaper than buying that game new off Steam.

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Archem on January 11, 2019, 08:55:19 PM ---Ok, so  I can tell you right now that Steamworld Heist, Darksiders 1, and Unepic are absolutely worth your time. Steamworld Heist is Worms meets XCOM, and it's great. Darksiders is one of the best Zelda-likes I've ever played. Still haven't tried 2 or 3, though I hear they're not as good. Unepic is a wonderful Metroidvania with a goofy sense of humor and a strong D&D influence. It can get a bit rough at times, but it's awesome. Also, there are co-op levels that are pretty fun, too.

Bioshock 2 is pretty good, though I feel that the Minerva's Den expansion is better. Castle Crashers is an excellent brawler in the vein of Turtles in Time or Double Dragon, but with a level and progression system to keep it interesting. Really awesome if you have friends to play it with. My brother put about a million hours into Kingdoms of Amalur, and he says it's great. If you don't have a lot of time to spend on this bottomless pit of game content, you might want to skip it. It has an absurd amount of content, and two expansions that pretty much double that.

--- End quote ---
Good to know, what you mentioned is what got my interest in the first place but good to know that I didn't just fall for marketing. Will make sure to prioritize that.

--- Quote ---Samurai Gunn, to my knowledge, is a couch multiplayer-only game, so play it with friends.

--- End quote ---
Yeah, I got it when we were students and played a lot of couch games. Mostly Towerfall, Crawl, Duck Game, Broforce, Overcooked etc. Someone suggested it as a different towerfall but we never got around to play it. Nowdays when everyone has a job and a girlfriend/wife and other hobbies to juggle we don't meet up as often and usually keep to games we know (except last time when we played the latest smash)

--- Quote ---For the record...

--- End quote ---

Holy crap.

--- Quote from: Momeka on January 11, 2019, 09:42:54 PM ---Hey, I made that one!

--- End quote ---

Indeed you did, and sorry for not playing it yet. Me and some less gamery friends played a bunch of Jackbox and you announced that you made this one and I made sure to get it since it felt like it was in the same spirit. But we never really got around to play it. Instead we started playing more board and cardgame classics like Exploding kittens, Carcasone, Settlers of Catan etc.

--- Quote from: Apex on January 12, 2019, 01:40:15 PM ---Kingdom of Amalur is pretty great. It's a slightly more dumbed-down Elder Scrolls game, and not in a bad way at all. I put about 38 hours into, and cleared the main campaign and DLC content. Although there was a lot more content that I didn't do.

Witcher 3 on the other hand was about 100 hours for just the main campaign and moderate sidequesting.

--- End quote ---
Well that sounds like great games, but maybe I will wait with them for that same reason.

--- Quote ---I have a pretty nasty backlog as well. I tend to get bundles so long as they contain at least one game I want, and it's cheaper than buying that game new off Steam.

--- End quote ---
I've actually avoided this. Well except for like Dungeon siege 1-3 bundle, darksiders 1-2 bundle, bioshock 1-2 bundle etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version