Off-Topic > All of all!

Rearranging the site a little and some

(1/3) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
I realize this isn't a big deal but I felt I might as well just check with you guys.
I'm planing on adding some more boards to the archive (gallery, birfday board, all the old contest child boards) and then move the archive to the bottom the page instead.

Are there any suggestions on other changes to the board? Any name changes, other stuff we can move to the archive etc? I'm open for suggestions.

Second question regards the bot protection. Right now it's on a stupid level that prevents people for enjoying the site, not that I think it's the reason we don't have a lot of members (I blame that on other things, most of which we are simply not responsible for). Should I decrease it a step to make it easier to join and post on the site? I'll have to deal with the bots manually of course in that case.

Moosetroop11:
Hmmm.

Well I don't want to create extra work for you. It feels like there MUST be a level where bots can't get in but normal members can easily access?

As for the archiving, sure thing, sounds good. Can't think of anything specific that needs reorganising.

Momeka:
Yeah, sounds like a good idea.

Not sure how many mods are still around, but if the bots becomes unmanageable you can always mod one or two people to help deal with them. Also is it hard to change the capthas or implement another one? There has to be better capthas for preventing bots to get by.

Prpl_Mage:
Well we have a few functions added to the site but I'm sure that there are better ones out there. Problem is that this code is one that I'm unfamiliar with and at the moment not really interested in learning more about. Got enough on my plate so to speak.
Gonna look into it

As for mods still around, not that many. I feel like we should perhaps clean it up a bit but unsure if that's gonna be sensitive for people (not sure if anyone would object really but you know).

Also any requests for new boards?

Archem:
I've been ok with change. Please, feel free to do whatever seems like a good idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version