Off-Topic > All of all!

Borderlands 3

(1/2) > >>

Prpl_Mage:
What do we think?

It's been 5 years since Pre-sequel which was okay but more like a BL2 DLC campaign than an entirely new game in the series (that's a personal opinion of course).

But I was honestly more hyped about it yesterday with the teaser trailer than today with the reveal trailer. Maybe I'm getting old.

Archem:
I'm surprised at how little it seems to have changed, graphically. We're talking a decade-old game series that's only barely changed from a visual standpoint. You could argue that they have a good aesthetic that aged well, but I find it to be a little dated, so seeing the same thing feels underwhelming. It looks like they're doing things like having "pets" in the form of guns with legs that walk around, and there seems to be mechs, so vehicles are probably coming back in a good way. I'm not sure how much new they have to offer, but hopefully it's a lot, because it seems that the formula needs a little updating to compete against your Destinys and your Divisions these days.

Apex:
On the whole, I really like Borderlands. It's primarily a multiplayer experience though, and isn't nearly as fun without a coop buddy.

I really really really hope that they give PC splitscreen multiplayer this time.

Prpl_Mage:

--- Quote from: Archem on March 29, 2019, 02:34:29 AM ---I'm surprised at how little it seems to have changed, graphically. We're talking a decade-old game series that's only barely changed from a visual standpoint. You could argue that they have a good aesthetic that aged well, but I find it to be a little dated, so seeing the same thing feels underwhelming.

--- End quote ---

I agree, also with the new HD patches coming to BL1 and 2 in April I'm not sure we can really tell the difference.

One thing I hope for is some sort of PvP mode, somewhere between Overwatch and Destiny 2. Not that it's really needed but it feels like it could be fun. Or something like Mass Effect where you had more of a "pvp character" on the side and classes and such.

zuhane:
It looks bluuuurrrrggggggghhhhhhh......... sigh.............

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version