Community Projects > Chain Games

General Chain Game Discussion Thread

(1/2) > >>

Momeka:
I recently posted all my games on Gamejolt as well. The site seems pretty solid, one nice thing that itchio is missing is that you can do general post with images and gifs to your followers. Good for marketing and just spreading awareness. But the game pages themselves seems harder to customize and all of them kinda look same-ish.
Anyway, I was thinking it could be another good place to share the chain games on. I don't know, what do you guys think? Should we stick to only itchio or should we spread it around to other sites as well?

Also maybe we should have a general chain game discussion thread?

Prpl_Mage:
Did and done.

Also, I figure that if we want more to see them then more places are good. But if you do more places that means more places to maintain. And that job must fall on someone.

Momeka:
I don't mind doing it, I'm already managing the itchio stuff anyway. Should be able to reuse most of the stuff, just need banner and thumbnail art in different sizes.

Prpl_Mage:
As long as it isn't too much trouble then I'd say go for it.

Also, something that I realized while making my chapter. Maybe we need to be better at givingcredits when using resources from other creators? With SV and this one we're doing a lot of things from scratch but we were using a lot of resources from different places in the old ones without really acknowledging anyone got the work. Well except Momeka who credited Drace for the music.

Momeka:

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on December 03, 2019, 06:54:06 PM ---As long as it isn't too much trouble then I'd say go for it.

--- End quote ---

Yeah! I'll get to it when I got some free time.

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on December 03, 2019, 06:54:06 PM ---Also, something that I realized while making my chapter. Maybe we need to be better at givingcredits when using resources from other creators? With SV and this one we're doing a lot of things from scratch but we were using a lot of resources from different places in the old ones without really acknowledging anyone got the work. Well except Momeka who credited Drace for the music.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, I was pretty bad with it in Spring Valley. Downloaded some songs from some youtube channel that had uploaded a bunch of chiptunes, no idea who had actually made them. I also gave up on the whole Resource Pack I was assembling from the game. It got just too much of a headache to figure out what was made and what was ripped and edited.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version