Off-Topic > All of all!

RPG Maker 2003 backwards compatibility

(1/3) > >>

zuhane:
Hey chaps!

Been a while since I posted here. Hope everyone's doing well in this quarantine. I know I'm not. I've decided to pick up where I left off on one of my old crappy games.
I picked up RPG Maker 2003 on Steam, but it won't open up my project properly. Does anyone know if there's a way to convert to a later version, or is my progress lost forever?

I only ask because I have one last crappy game that needs finishing before I wrap up with RPG Maker forever. Been working on it for 5+ years, then stopped for 3 years. I'd like to wrap
it up and send it out to the world.

Anyway, help would be appreciated! Cheers :D

Fisherson:
Your progress is lost forever. This is exactly how I lost the Misadventures of Jet and David. You can possibly recover it using the pirated "Tsukuru". I never tried a it's not updated anymore I don't think and well it was always a buggy mess back in them days so that's one reason I wept for weeks straight and just started over. See what it does it is the Steam re-names all our stock assets by just one letter or number and then tries to copy them over your current RTP ones. If you use even one Bolt - 01 from Tsukuru it will now break as the program will look for Bolt -001 and the system will say "File Missing" AS you run it in that one fatal flaw leftover from the pirated model: no in-game debug. One reason I switched to MV for serious project: I can run a debug mode FROM THE EDITOR XD Should be that way on all modern makers.

Prpl_Mage:
Shouldn't the maker give you the option to update the project to the new version?

A Forgotten Legend:
I was able to transfer mine fine.  Maybe take the .exe from a blank new project?

Fisherson:

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on March 31, 2020, 05:38:12 PM ---Shouldn't the maker give you the option to update the project to the new version?

--- End quote ---

It does but if you don't say yes it won't run old files in the editor menu if I remember right

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version