Game Creation > Requests

Request

(1/1)

Vierico:
I want o to know how to make isometric 2d sprites like persona 2 IS & EP and its movement in rpg maker 2k3

Fisherson:

--- Quote from: Vierico on November 14, 2023, 08:08:18 PM ---I want o to know how to make isometric 2d sprites like persona 2 IS & EP and its movement in rpg maker 2k3

--- End quote ---

Don't. Or use the generator to make a template with the isometric chara set there and edit them to fit your design. Though it would be better do it in another maker I think unless you want to do a lot of work or get somebody to work full time who is experienced with Isometircs.

Which in my more than a decade of doing this I've known maybe two people who did Isometrics. One of them was in MV the other guy was game maker or Unity I think? Been ages. Anyway good luck.

Moosetroop11:
If you evenly space them out you can import a picture and use it as a grid, then set up animation that way. Momeka's the resident expert in that sort of thing. If you want to only be able to move diagonally I guess you can have an event always running that checks for key input and pans the screen, with the animated character in the centre? I think it is possible : )

Prpl_Mage:
Ben was working on isometrics back in 2008 I think, even he gave it up because the software didn't register key input enough.
There was some issue where if you were holding a key, say UP, and then pressed LEFT it worked fine. But if you kept holding UP after pressing LEFT and pressed RIGHT next it would still be walking up/left. Something along those lines.

The never makers are better suited for the isometric view to be honest, because there are less limitations and more options with code.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version