Community Projects > Chain Games

Another Chain Game? (Complete)

<< < (2/47) > >>

Zoltar:
3-4 Chapters? That sounds too short for a three act story and really good characters to emerge but the Big Z wants a spot! If only cuz I want to make a one instead of playing them all the time! Do we have any idea on the theme or are we going old School like the first one and just following a group of random thugs roaming around and not sticking to one setting or character type  :P I ask because I like Supernatural things in my games as my main go to, but if pushed I can step a little out of my comfort zone.

Fisherson:
Another Chain Game? Finally! Hmm 3-4 chapters would be dumb though. I mean I know why you want it to be released sooner but the stories are getting more and more complex. I personally don't want to take a step backwards. Our plots, parties and even systems have been evolving slolwy. I don't know if we CAN make a simple small game anymore. I wanted the winter Chain Game to be that but eh I was doubtful it would have less than 8 chapters somehow. Either way I will sign up, if only cause I've done everyone to modern date and I love doing it, but I will NOT DO THE END. -_-; Juno's Odyssey nearly killed me on that ending and I'm still fixing it off and on.

Which reminds me, Red, I didn't know it was YOU who put up that Juno's Odyssey Page I found online away from the forum! Good work that and I love what you did with both titles in that link. Maybe we should add Lost and Found to that list sometime?

Momeka:
I really don’t see how a see how “complex” stories is a good thing for a chain game. Since the chain games are unplanned and the makers just do from what they interpreted by playing a more complex story would just lead to more plot holes, contradiction and confusion.
That said I really don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to tell a story in three chapters, if people can tell stories with a 10 min short movie or 50 page book I’m sure we can tell one with three chapters. Hell, there’s people telling their stories with shorter games than what a three chapter chain game would be.

That said though, I'll double it, this chain game is six chapters long, so there is one free spot open (don't do math early in the morning). If all spots are filled feel free to sign up anyway, I'll put you on the back up list and you will be contacted when someone drops out.
Also Fish, you're last for now, check if anyone wants to trade spots with you. Or I can move you down if someone have to drop out.

As for settings, we done fantasy and sci fi so it’s time for a modern. It will be kinda 90s inspired with some fantasy creatures thrown into the mix.

Also I've started on the game, going to try to finish it as fast as I can but it's probably going to take a week or two.

Prpl_Mage:
Yeah 5 chapters is more than enough. Most old plays are 5 acts after all.

And being last in a chain game is kinda messy since you need to try to tie everything together, all the plotholes created by the previous chapters that weren't answered by the next person. Which is okay of course for a chain game, since it is an unplanned cooperation between different parties.

And  hints, setting and ambiance is sometimes more interesting than a complex space opera

Also, remove me from the list for now. I'll jump in if people drop out, otherwise I am happy with supplying help and resources for this one since I flunked the start

Fisherson:
Arrrrrhhh! Don't wanna be last again. TTUTT Zolty! Trade with me and I'll make you sprites! Help you wish understanding MV.....I'll make a freaking cameo of Proud Mary in the Dentverse AND Evenstar Saga! Hazmana! I'll do free advertising for you on my DA! Anything but the final boss and tying it all together.

--- Quote from: Momeka on March 23, 2017, 06:46:43 AM ---I really don’t see how a see how “complex” stories is a good thing for a chain game. Since the chain games are unplanned and the makers just do from what they interpreted by playing a more complex story would just lead to more plot holes, contradiction and confusion.
That said I really don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to tell a story in three chapters, if people can tell stories with a 10 min short movie or 50 page book I’m sure we can tell one with three chapters. Hell, there’s people telling their stories with shorter games than what a three chapter chain game would be.

--- End quote ---

I suppose you are right. =/ I dunno I just struggle with small stories. Tis been a bane to me trying to write. It's why I was shocked when I wrote such a simple start for Juno's Odyssey. Ofcourse we all know the end didn't work out that way. ^_^; And I see what you mean. The longer the story goes the more chances we have to step on one another's feet. -_- Alright I'll try my hand at a shorter game.....after I kill Zoltar and steal his spot. X3

--- Quote from: Prpl_Mage on March 23, 2017, 06:40:52 PM ---Yeah 5 chapters is more than enough. Most old plays are 5 acts after all.

--- End quote ---

o.O Didn't know that. then again I'm not big on the theater as much as the movie theater. Mostly know Shakespeare through the Simpsons after all XD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version